Basics of Carbine is the next step after buying your first carbine. This course is perfect for shooters of all skill levels and introduce them to rifle shooting fundamentals, body mechanics, proper reloading techniques and malfunction clearing. This class is 6 hours.
You will need a minimum of 300 rounds for your carbine.
You will need to bring safety glasses and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is preferred so you can hear range commands.
This course will be held entirely on an outdoor range, rain or shine, so please bring weather appropriate gear.
RANGE DRILLS INCLUDE:
- Shooting fundamentals / Accuracy Drills
- Zeroing your carbine
- Body Mechanics of Shooting
- Speed / Tactical Reloads
- Malfunction Clearing
- Different shooting positions
- Shooting while moving
- Basics of Distance Shooting
WHAT TO BRING:
- AR style carbine in 223/5.56, 308, 300blk or AK style carbine in 7.62x39, 5.45x39 or 223/5.56 - NEW FOR 2021 22LR AR15 VARIANTS ARE ALLOWED!
- Sling for your rifle
- 3 Magazines (5 recommended)
- Holster for 1-2 magazines
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Cleaning kit and lubricant
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- IFAK/ Individual First Aid Kit is highly recommended
- Seasonally appropriate clothing and rain gear
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
Students must be a current United States citizen and meets one of the three following:
- Possess a current Indiana or Equivalent State Issued License to Carry
- Is an active duty/honorably discharged Military or active full time/reserve and former Law Enforcement Officer
- The student must be able to pass a FBI NICS background check.
Course Tuition: $60.00
(Lunch is not included )