Basics of Handgun is the first step in in training after purchasing your handgun or if you've never taken a formal training course. This course introduces students to pistol shooting fundamentals, body mechanics, proper reloading techniques and malfunction clearing. This class is 6 hours and is not a NRA course of instruction.
You will need a minimum of 100 rounds for your pistol.
You will need to bring safety glasses and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is preferred so you can hear range commands.
This course will be held entirely on an outdoor range, rain or shine, so please bring weather appropriate gear.
RANGE DRILLS INCLUDE:
- Shooting fundamentals / Accuracy Drills
- Body Mechanics of Shooting
- Speed / Tactical Reloads
- Malfunction Clearing
- Target Transitions
WHAT TO BRING:
- Pistol in a self-defense caliber (9mm or larger)
- 3 Magazines (5 recommended)
- Holster for your pistol – (NO shoulder holsters, cross draw, Uncle Mikes or Blackhawk Serpa holsters will be allowed!)
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Cleaning kit and lubricant
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- IFAK/ Individual First Aid Kit is highly recommended
- Seasonally appropriate clothing and rain gear
- Sunscreen and insect repellant
Students must be a current United States citizen and meets one of the three following:
- Posses a current Indiana or similar Handgun License
- Be active duty or former Military or active/former full time Law Enforcement Officer
- The student would be able to pass a NICS FBI background check (the same background check for when you buy a firearm).
Course Tuition: $60.00
(Lunch is not included, but Water is provided)